All Children Need Children’s Hospitals
Children’s hospitals are unique resources that benefit all children through clinical care, research, pediatric Medical education and advocacy. As a vital safety net for children, children’s hospitals provide expert care for the most severe and complex medical problems.
The Children’s Hospital Association of Texas (CHAT) is a non-profit association whose mission is to ensure that Texas children have access to effective, high quality, comprehensive and appropriately funded health care.
Stay informed and help out with our advocacy – Click here to join CHAT’s advocacy network. By signing up, you will receive electronic newsletters and action alerts on issues critical to children’s hospitals.
Find Your Legislator
Our Member Hospitals
CHAT represents not-for-profit children’s hospitals in Texas. Members are committed to providing specialized and comprehensive medical services for all children in need.
- Children’s Medical Center of Dallas
- Children’s Hospital of San Antonio
- Cook Children’s Health Care System
- Covenant Children’s Hospital
- Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas
- Driscoll Children’s Hospital
- El Paso Children’s Hospital
- Texas Children’s Hospital
Hold the Date!
2013 CHAT Pediatric Nursing Conference
October 18-19, 2013 at the Westin Stonebriar in Dallas
Hosted by Children’s Medical Center Dallas
Download Conference Brochure
The State of Texas Children 2012
CHAT Hospital Discharges for Children under 18 by County
- Hospital discharges under 18 years of age by county of residence and Medicaid status for CHAT hospitals and all Texas hospitals
State Budget and Legislation
State Facts & Reports
Federal Health Care Reform
- Health Care Reform Provisions that Impact Children’s Hospitals
- Expanding Medicaid in Texas, a report by Billy Hamilton Consulting
Safe Sleeping Tips for You and Your Baby
|Children’s Hospital Association of Texas|
823 Congress Ave, St 1500 Austin, TX 78701